Christian and I (Sarah) are the parents of a 4 yr. old, beautiful, sweet boy named Sven who was diagnosed with Leukemia on 4.19.09. Immediately we started chemotherepy treatment for Sven with the Pediatric Oncology Center @ Stony Brook University Hospital on Long Island, NY. I will outline some highs and lows and most of all type some frustrations away :-)

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Leg & Hip Bones

We are used to having all sorts of bones in the house. My husband is often in an operating room or working with some surgeon here or there using some new breakthrough technology in medical devices. He often has to travel with bones and I wonder what they must think when his luggage goes through the scanner, needless to say he often has to go through the special security line ;). One of his leg and hip bones (manufactured not a real human leg bone of-course) ended up left in the bedroom on the couch, our little Sven refused to sleep with the bones in the room so I carried them and placed them on the kitchen table. They stayed there for two days on the second day Sven's occupational therapist came for his appointment Sven and I thought nothing of the bones. At the end of the session I walked her to the door she asked where my husband was and I replied honestly he is in Belgium working he will be traveling for awhile as soon as I said goodbye and turned around I immediately saw the bones on the kitchen table and realized that she had the entire session right beside the bones and did not ask me once about them. I moved the bones and made a mental note not to have them laying around, I think she still comes just to see if my husband is still alive!

2 comments:

  1. Hi :-)
    I wanted to let you know that you won the Tee Wit Giveaway on my blog! :-) I need a size and choice of shirt from teewit.com If you could email me at savvycouponmommy@gmail.com
    Thanks!
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really funny! I wonder what she did think?

    ReplyDelete