Christian and I (Sarah) are the parents of a 4 yr. old, beautiful, sweet boy named Sven who was diagnosed with Leukemia on 4.19.09. Immediately we started chemotherepy treatment for Sven with the Pediatric Oncology Center @ Stony Brook University Hospital on Long Island, NY. I will outline some highs and lows and most of all type some frustrations away :-)

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Just thinking...

I will start with, some days I am extremely angry, some days I can cope and other days I am an absolute mess and that's just me imagine what Sven's days are like! For the past 9 months since Sven was diagnosed with Leukemia I would say I am still holding my breath. Some days all together I don't even remember (or at least choose not to).

I saw a picture of Sven from about a month ago when he had no hair and no eyebrow hair, taken at a tough point in his chemo treatment, I was shocked I don't remember him looking like that, in a weird way our mind has a way of protecting us from seeing truly sad happenings to ones we love soooo much! It is almost like my brain said "whoa she can't handle that, flash an old image!"

No comments:

Post a Comment