Christian and I (Sarah) are the parents of a 4 yr. old, beautiful, sweet boy named Sven who was diagnosed with Leukemia on 4.19.09. Immediately we started chemotherepy treatment for Sven with the Pediatric Oncology Center @ Stony Brook University Hospital on Long Island, NY. I will outline some highs and lows and most of all type some frustrations away :-)

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

First OT Appt.

I am at my computer while Sven is in the other roon having his first appointment with the Occupational therapist. Since the chemo, mostly the vincristine he has a detereoration of his fine motor skills. The therapy will help him advance with his writing and hopefully strengthen some weakened muscles. Sven will have this therapy 2x per week, I guess until his chemo ends in 2013.

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE: After Sven's first OT session, the therapist asked me if I wanted her to concentrate on any specific area, I told her to pay attention to his grasp because since his diagnosis his grasp on objects especially pens & pencils has deteriorated, she asked me "what was he diagnosed with?" HUH??? I said cancer, she said "Oh I did not know he had cancer...ummmm what exactly did she think she was working with him for. I was at a loss, and she became sad...oh the journey of a cancer mom!

    ReplyDelete